Sydney and I had a lot of fun doing it! But I had to figure out how to organize it all so that it was easy to get what I needed.
On her website she shows how she organized it by using binders and page protectors, this didn’t work for us. My laminated pages didn’t fit in the page protectors very easily, and I just didn’t have the room (or the budget) to go out and buy 36 binders (I added 10 themed lessons to our curriculum.)
Originally I used an extremely old green crate that I had. I put all the stuff from school in file folders and Ziploc baggies, that were labeled. The crate can be seen on the left side of the picture below.
And then about six months later I decided I wanted something that was easily stored. I didn’t want to risk anything getting the file folders wet or dirty. So I bought a plastic tub for file folders.
To make puzzles easier to do I added magnet circles to the backs of each piece. Well, adding 500 magnet circles to the backs of many puzzles made the already tight tub overflow. So I bought a second tub.
The nice thing about this was that I could also fit in my binders into the tubs, along with all the Bob Books.
This form of organization has worked very well for us. I would just pull out a file folder per week, and fill her bucket for each day. Everything has a spot, and it was easy to keep up with, and easy to store.
The last thing I had to store were all the books. We currently have 9 book shelves in this house, but they are all overflowing. I loved the books we used for this curriculum, so when it was time to pack away all the stuff I packed up most of the books, a few got to stay out. This tub is WAY heavy. I tried to pick it up and it almost knocked me over. I ended up putting the tub in the garage, and then packed it, so that we wouldn’t have to lift it. This tub also houses our beloved cocoanut tree.
There is still some room in our file boxes to add some of our manipulative, so as I think of it and find them I’ll probably add them to the boxes.